What are the common types of foam tape in daily life
xinstJan 13, 2021
Foam tape is made of plastic particles after foaming. Many bubbles will be formed on the surface of the foam. There is air in the bubbles to play a buffering role. But in fact, according to the characteristics and materials, there are many types of foam. Among them, die-cutting can make the foam play a greater role, which can meet the needs of different industries for the subdivision of foam. Then look at the following What are the common types of foam?
The six common types of foam tape are introduced as follows:
1. EVA foam tape: The resin is characterized by good softness and rubber-like elasticity. This foam can still have good flexibility at -50°C, good transparency and surface gloss, and chemical stability Good, good anti-aging and ozone resistance, non-toxic. Good blending with filler, good coloring and molding processability.
2. EPE is also known as pearl cotton: Polyethylene foamed cotton is a non-crosslinked closed-cell structure and is a new environmentally friendly foam packaging material. It has many advantages such as water-proof and moisture-proof, shockproof, sound insulation, heat preservation, good plasticity, strong toughness, recycling, environmental protection, and strong impact resistance. It also has good chemical resistance. Widely used in electronic appliances, instrumentation, computers, audio, medical equipment, industrial control cabinets, lighting, handicrafts, glass, ceramics, home appliances, spraying, furniture, wine and gift packaging, hardware products, toys, fruits and leather shoes Packaging, daily necessities and other products packaging. After adding antistatic agent and flame retardant, its excellent performance is even more obvious.
3. Sponge: It is a porous foam material with good water absorption and can be used for cleaning items. Mix the foaming resin, foaming aids and binder resin (to make the finished product adhesive); sponges mainly include: industrial sponges: foamed cotton, shaped cotton, rubber cotton, memory cotton, etc. Chemical sponge, soft polyurethane foam rubber. The characteristics of sponges: When choosing a sponge, its touch and elasticity are the primary factors to determine. It should have a soft touch to the touch and be malleable.
4. Aluminum foil foam: it is made of flexible pure aluminum foil and glass fiber composite aluminum foil cloth instead of conductive cloth to wrap flame retardant foam. The surface impedance is less than or equal to 0.016Ω. It has excellent shielding performance of metal, and its temperature resistance can reach 130°C. The low cost can meet the demand of product cost pressure.
5. CR foam: It is a general-purpose special rubber. In addition to the good physical properties of general rubber, this foam also has excellent characteristics such as flame resistance, oil resistance and chemical corrosion resistance, so it occupies an important position in various synthetic rubbers. .
6. EPP foam: Polypropylene foam foam material is a highly crystalline polymer/gas composite material with excellent performance. With its unique EPP foam, EPP applications are becoming more and more extensive. IT products, electronic communication equipment, liquid crystal displays, plasma color TVs, precision electronic components, precision instruments and meters have all begun to use EPP as packaging materials. Special and superior performance has become the fastest growing environmental protection new type of pressure-resistant cushioning and thermal insulation material.
According to the specific use environment, according to the different purposes of use, it includes the same type of foam tape introduced for you above. You need to pay attention to distinguishing when purchasing, according to your specific use environment and the situation of the adherend. Choose specific foam to achieve good results.