Full solution to the use and classification of xinst foam tape
xinstOct 21, 2021
The xinst foam tape is made of EVA or PE foam as the substrate, coated with solvent-based (or hot-melt) pressure-sensitive adhesive on one or both sides, and then coated with release paper. It has the function of sealing and damping. It has excellent sealing properties, compression deformation resistance, flame retardancy, wettability, etc. Products are widely used in electronic and electrical products, mechanical parts, various small household appliances, mobile phone accessories, industrial instruments, computers and peripheral equipment, auto parts, audio-visual equipment, toys, cosmetics, etc.
Classification of xinst foam tape
Classified by glue system: hot-melt adhesive foam tape; oil-based adhesive foam tape.
According to the size of the foam: open-cell foam tape; closed-cell foam tape; semi-closed-cell foam tape.
According to characteristics: high temperature resistant foam tape; flame retardant foam tape; conductive foam tape; high-density foam tape; low-density foam tape.
According to the base material: PE/IXPE foam tape; EVC foam tape; PVC foam tape; PU foam tape; EPDM foam tape; CR foam tape; SBP foam tape; NBR foam tape.
The main characteristics of xinst foam tape
1. It has excellent airtightness to avoid gas release and atomization.
2. Excellent resistance to compression and deformation, that is, elasticity and durability, which can ensure long-term shock-proof protection for accessories.
3. It is flame retardant, does not contain harmful and toxic substances, does not remain, does not pollute the equipment, and is not corrosive to metals.
4. It can be used in a variety of temperature ranges. It can be used from negative Celsius to Celsius degrees.
5. The surface has excellent wettability, easy to bond, easy to make, and easy to punch.
6. Long-lasting adhesion, large peeling, strong initial adhesion, good weather resistance! Waterproof, solvent resistance, high temperature resistance, and good conformability on curved surfaces.
Use and storage method of foam tape
Uses: Products are widely used in electronic and electrical products, mechanical parts, various small household appliances, mobile phone accessories, industrial instruments, computers and peripheral equipment, auto parts, audio-visual equipment, toys, cosmetics, craft gifts, medical equipment, power tools, office Stationery, shelf display, home decoration, acrylic glass, ceramic products, transportation industry insulation, paste, seal, non-slip and shock-proof packaging.
Storage method: Suitable temperature for use of foam tape: 21 degrees Celsius-38 degrees Celsius, suitable pressure at least 5KG/㎡. Prohibit contact with acid-base oil and organic solvents, keep it clean and dry, and the room temperature is between -15 degrees Celsius and -40 degrees Celsius.
When foam is used as a substrate, because its texture is very soft, it is very suitable for irregular surfaces. It also has a good smoothing effect on moving and stretched materials. The ability to absorb load is also very strong. In PVC windows, refrigerators, furniture and decorative profiles, foam is widely used as a substrate, mainly because it can provide ideal support for very tight bonding.
The printing industry is also one of its special areas. The hardness of the foam in the tape determines the contact pressure of the printing plate, which in turn helps the printing press control the grid points on the paper. Foam tape can also absorb the vibration generated by the high-speed operation of the printing press to avoid streaks during the printing process.